Safe Mercury Filling Removal (“SMART” Protocol)
Make sure you choose a “SMART” dentist!
It is widely known that mercury is a toxic substance to human health. Unfortunately, millions of people around the world have had this toxic substance put in their mouths under the guise of it being a “silver filling.” That sounds so noble, yet in truth, the filling is more than 50% liquid mercury! It should not be a surprise; therefore, that on the material safety data sheet for mercury amalgam fillings it states: “Danger: Toxic if inhaled. Avoid breathing vapors. May cause damage to kidneys and central nervous system through prolonged or repeated exposure.” Toxic if inhaled?? And it’s being put in your mouth!
The FDA website states: “Dental amalgam contains elemental mercury. It releases low levels of mercury in the form of a vapor that can be inhaled and absorbed by the lungs. High levels of mercury vapor exposure are associated with adverse effects in the brain and the kidneys.”
So, if you already have this toxic material in your mouth and you want to stop being chronically exposed to the mercury vapor, the only truly safe way to have it removed is by following the “SMART” protocol. The “SMART” protocol (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) was developed by the IAOMT (International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology), and formal “SMART” training started being offered in June of 2016. Dr. Kelly Blodgett was Oregon’s first dentist to be certified “SMART” practitioners. He has helped thousands of people to become safely mercury-free in their mouths and watched many have significant health issues resolve once they were no longer toxically exposed.
To learn more about the “SMART” protocol, read about it on the IAOMT’s website: www.thesmartchoice.com
To schedule a visit with our team to learn how to detoxify your mouth from mercury, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-894-5802.
Wellness Wednesday - Getting Rid of Mercury In Your Body Through Body Detoxification Now that your mercury fillings are out of your mouth, how do you get rid of the mercury your body absorbed throughout your time of exposure? The best approach to helping your body...
Toxic Tuesday: When a doctor tells you something isn’t possible, do you accept it? Or do you search for other options?
Toxic Tuesday: When a doctor tells you something isn’t possible, do you accept it? Or do you search for other options? When most people hear treatment options from their doctor they accept it as gospel. After all, they’re the doctor. Surely they will give you all of...
Toxic Tuesday: Dental Professionals - Why We're Not Good Listeners Last week I received a DM on IG from a woman who shared that both of her upper molars had been treated with root canals. They never felt better so the teeth were “re-treated”, then extracted and then...